29th Sep 2015 - PPC meeting at County Hall 18/09/15
Piddinghoe Parish Council met with representatives of East Sussex County Council, Lewes District Council, Ouse Valley Cycle Network and South Downs National Park on the 18th of September 2015 to discuss the Egrets Way and, in particular, the problems unique to the village.
Piddinghoe Parish Council met with representatives of East Sussex County Council, Lewes District Council, Ouse Valley Cycle Network and South Downs National Park on the 18th of September 2015 to discuss the Egrets Way and, in particular, the problems unique to the village. We felt it important to record events, actions and feelings in the village surrounding the Egrets Way up to that date and have spent a considerable amount of time analysing the problem areas through the village and on the C7 approach to it. This is all included in our detailed report (available as a PDF download here) which also contains our proposals for an alternative route which, while by-passing the problems at Piddinghoe, would retain the integrity of the Egrets Way. We are pleased to say that the report was very positively received by all attending the meeting. As a result, a working group was formed and we will all be working together to look at potential solutions to what has become a very divisive subject for Piddinghoe. We hope that all villagers and other interested parties will appreciate that our intention is to find a solution that will benefit everyone.
Below is a summary of the key outcomes of the meeting:
- Key issues surrounding progress of the scheme discussed and noted - importance of communication between all relevant parties recognised.
- Agreed to form a working group, including all representatives present. The function of this group will be to look at potential scheme options, potential funding and ongoing communication - ESCC will facilitate this to support ongoing communication.
- Improve communication - outcomes of working group meetings to be published in PPC newsletter and on website. Additional information to be published by the working group as the scheme progresses to ensure ongoing, reliable and consistent information is provided.
- Links between this scheme and the Riverside development in Newhaven to be strengthened.
- OVCN and PPC to share their committee meeting notes.